Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On My Mind.

I loathe drama, I sincerely do. What I fail to realise is that I AM drama. Not personally, but the events of my life would fit very nicely into a soap opera scenario and as a result of that, I'm a bit more complicated than I'd like to be.

When I warned you about all these things I cannot control, these feelings I cannot share, these actions I cannot explain, I was being honest. I wasn't creating the illusion of being inaccessible, I wasn't trying to draw you in with my "mysterious nature". I was being honest; you couldn't handle it.

But you insisted on staying. Your fascination with my world was entirely inappropriate, it is not nearly as pleasant as you make it out to be. You wanted to help, you wanted to be my "saviour", and against my better judgement, I started to wonder if you're what I was missing. I wondered if you could actually make a difference.

And I let you in.

And you disappointed me.

Story of my life.

-Lilo

2 comments:

  1. Two inevitables: death and disappointment. Notice they both start with a d :O.

    Sometimes I feel like all we do in life is dread the former, and kill time between the cyclic happenings of the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to reply, but I suck.
      GUESS WHAT ELSE STARTS WITH A D? *stabs self*

      I really couldn't have said that any better, it really is a horrid cycle, and it doesn't seem to ever want to end.

      Delete