Monday, March 5, 2012

Remember Me?

There's very little out there that makes me feel like sharing and there are a very few amount of people who are on the receiving end of it. Yet, here I am, over a year and a half later, itching to post this quote I came across, and I have no justification for this desire.

I've read a lot of quotes in my lifetime, I've felt like a few have captured my feelings at different periods I've gone through, but *spoiler alert: cliche imminent* I feel as if this one embodies... me. Just me. I can't explain it, I can't sugarcoat it to make myself sound like less of a douchebag, or put it into acceptable terms for everyone to understand. I just feel the raw emotion behind it so deeply and it consumes me.

"Can you understand? Someone, somewhere, can you understand me a little, love me a little? For all my despair, for all my ideals, for all that - I love life. But it is hard, and I have so much - so very much to learn."
- Sylvia Plath

I chuckled as I typed her name, I would feel a connection with a person who was widely regarded as unstable, to put it mildly. But fret not, kind stranger, I shan't be sticking my head into any ovens any time soon.

-Lilo.

7 comments:

  1. First of all: HELLO.

    Second, Plath is my favorite poet. Check out Lady Lazarus - absolute genuis really.

    I think the fact that she was unstable just gave her leeway to write it all out, the way it all simply was. So, when we read her work we connect the with untainted honestly there.

    Third: HELLO AGAIN. I miss :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shut the front door! HI!
    I just dropped everything and ran to the laptop to reply, my straightener might burn through the scrunchie I left it on but WHATEVER. I MISS YOU, TOO. :(

    I agree, with everything. She's incredible, Lady Lazarus is truly a masterpiece, EVERYTHING.

    uh, HIIII. in my head, I totally tackled you with the last note of that hello. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey. so. i love you. and i miss your writing, so get your shit together and start posting more often, okay? okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello

    You're following my blog I thought I'd leave you a comment. The quote is strange madri it gave me a weird feeling.. I feel like this most of the time =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lost; ah lost, lost, lost. anything for joo, dearest. <3

    Al'ar: Al'ar? can you get any more warcraft-y? respect. I don't know if you meant you're always feeling weird or you're always relating to the quote >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY. This is me tackling you back. I really do miss your face way too much.
    Keep these posts coming, and don't stay off the grid too much!
    In fact, find a way to stay in touch. Right now.
    Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me all smiley. heart.
    You should post, too. It's been way too long :(
    And I shall, I promise!

    ReplyDelete